Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pee pee Tepee tutorial

I wanted a simple gift for my sister in law with the receiving blankets she had. I took one and made these pee pee tepee's for her little boy. One blanket made 14 in all. First I cut out a 7 inch diameter circles from the fabric. Then I folded them in half and then in half again. I inserted a washable marker in the fold so that I knew where the halfway mark way and marked it. Then I sewed down that line.
Then I turned one side right side out over the other side like this.
I then cut off the excess to make it all even.
Now it is starting to look like a pee pee tepee.
Then I serged the raw edge all around.
Here they all are. They just need their tails tucked in. And the washable marker will come off in the first wash.
Now if you don't have a serger handy, then make the circles 8 inches in diameter, then when it comes to the serger part, just sew one inch in from the bottom. Then make snips every 1/2 inch all the way around but stopping before you get to the sewed line and then wash. It will give it the look of a rag quilt. Happy Sewing Lov Liv

No comments: