Sunday, January 9, 2011

Had a wonderful Cloth Pad class today!

We were so busy that I didn't get a picture of what my students made. But we made 5 overnight cloth pads!

When we first started, they saw the pattern and almost fainted on the spot! LOL The pattern made it seem so huge. I had to tell them several times that it really won't be that big when we are finished. :) And they weren't!

And this week has been super busy with project that I have been getting done. You want to hear a secret? I have been getting this all done by putting my family first more. Isn't that crazy? I have been reading to the kids and taking them to the park, daily, and I have more time. I'm happier and they are happier. I need to remember this!

Well here's some pics of what I have been up to.

Here is a couple of the overnight pads I made for myself from the class.


And here are only 2 of the 17 wool balls that I finally finished this week, for Christmas Gifts to the in-laws.

If you remember I made some previously and you can read how and get the directions from this post. But this time I put cinnamon sticks in the middle and then covered them in Essential oils of a Cinnamon mixture.

And here is wool longies that is my first custom job. I was sent a grey, moth eaten, Cashmere sweater and was asked to make longies for a 4 year old girl. I think they turned out well and they are so soft! It's no wonder that the lady wanted to salvage them.




And lastly on the Science front... While I had a sewing class today, the children and hubby took apart a non functioning TV to see what was inside. They loved it! And kept the shell. They thought they could do puppet shows in it. But the baby loved it too, so here is the Baby Channel!


So, what have you all been up to? I hear the seed catalogs are arriving in the mail. It's almost garden planning time again!
Lov
Liv

1 comment:

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Hi there! Do you have the tutorial of how to make the cloth pads on your blog? This is so cool!