Sunday, November 21, 2010

It isn't much, but my sewing area is organized!

I just needed to share!



I moved all my fabric to the shelves so that I could see them, but eventually it will over run this area. So someone told me about taking swatches and categorizing them and then noting their location per bin. I will do that in time but keep my diaper making/cloth pad making supplies on the shelf readily available. Oh and under the shelves is my wheat storage in 50 gallon barrels!

The huge bin under my cutting table is for my wool. It is a lovely cedar smelled haven.

And the old fashioned sewing table on the right is my daughters' "new" machine. It is a 1956 Kenmore, all metal construction Beauty!!

Lastly, I added the light above so I could see things better. It is florescent bulbs but the whole light spectrum bulbs. It has REALLY helped!

Hope you enjoyed this tour!
Lov
Liv

2 comments:

MissC said...

It looks very nice!

donna reed said...

Ohhh. I'm so jealous. That is one of those things on my list that I never seem to get to...

I like your idea of putting the shelf and drawers on the table. Think I'll give it a shot when I, if I ever get to it! LOL.