Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Funny thing about being busy in spring is there really isn't time to blog about it.




In the last two weeks, I've planted about 100 plants (with hubby's help), trees and shrubs and then proceeded to pull more weeds than that. We were joking last night that they should genetically modify grub worms to only eat weed roots. Those scientists would make a bundle!! But then again, knowing nature, the weeds would adapt and make themselves taste yucky. LOL.

I also painted the boys' room blue with the help of a friend. So before you are all thinking I'm super woman, I'm not. I did have a friend's help. :D I definitely could not have done it without her. I did, however, overhauled the lawnmower by myself. Well my 11 year old son was there, but he did the damage so his attendance was requisite. It's working wonderfully now. First time doing repair work on an engine, so not too shabby if I do say so myself.

Worked on some sewing projects and have made 40 some unpaper towels and a diaper pail bag. Still have some nursing covers to finish and then on to cloth pads. I used to think that I hated sewing but then realized it was not the sewing that I hated, it was the machine!! I had a horrid machine. Good riddance, I say. And now I am in love with a Janome. It's not a top of line machine, but it is a good machine and that has made all the difference in the world.

And finally, I finished a book. In my spare time in the "library". It's called "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" and I totally recommend it. I finished it just in time for book club this Thursday. My library is my small five minute sanctuary. I love the peace and quiet that it brings to my day, that is until the children knock on the door pleading to use the potty. Busted....

My Kam snaps pliers came yesterday. They are so awesome! After my couple of practice runs with some blankets that are now capes, I converted Alea's diaper cover from Aplix (Velcro) to Snaps. It was pretty simple. I learned some things in the process but they are definitely improved by the conversion. Some pictures for your viewing pleasure. :D

And lastly, while pulling weeds, I kept the dandelions. Did you know that besides making jelly from their flowers, their roots are great for detoxifying your liver? Yep. Since my flower garden is organic, why not! That's them soaking in the water to get the dirt off. I will then dehydrate them and chop them up. Since I don't own capsules to put them in, although not expensive, I might make them into an infusion.

Well, baby woke up from a cat nap. I have no idea what is going on with her, but 5:30in the morning does not work for me....
Lov
Liv

1 comment:

Carter said...

I was just thinking you hadn't been around much, but now I know why!