Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Time to look for seeds.

I don't know about you but I have been inundated with seed and plant catalogs. Which obviously signifies that it is time to start looking into our gardens again.

I've got some bulbs that I need to get into the ground still. (blush) I need to schedule that.

So look at your Zone and figure out when your last frost date is HERE.

My last frost date is April 15th. So I have several times that I need to start planting.
I've just looked through my seeds from last year. I had so many leftover that I stored them in the freezer.

First section, tomatoes and peppers, are started indoors 6 weeks before last frost. So I will be doing this the first week in March.

Second section, cole crops (broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce). Some are before last frost and some are the day after last frost. Check labels to make sure.

Third section, summer crops (summer squashes, melons, pumpkins), 2 weeks after last frost. So for me, in the beginning of May.

So if you have seeds that need started 6+ weeks before last frost, now is the time to find them and order them.

So have you planned your garden yet?
Lov
Liv

1 comment:

Lacy said...

Hey,

I found you via Frugal Hacker.....

My husband and I have started a website called www.weusecoupons.com. I'm creating a blog wall, full of useful blogs that have a frugal christian perspective! We have lots of blogs that are already on the wall like deal seeking mom, attention target shoppers, and many more.

If you're interested in placing your button on our wall, let me know!!

All we ask is that you place a link to our site in your links area.

Here is the blogwall url:
http://www.weusecoupons.com/index.php?pageid=blogroll

We also have created a coupon database with YUI technology (LoL I don't know what that means but my husband raves that it's the best thing since sliced bread lol)

If you have any questions please shot me an email!

Blessings,

Lacy