Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm Trained!


This last week, I spend all my evenings and my whole Saturday training to be a first responder in the case of a disaster. I am now apart of the CERT team. CERT is Community Emergency Response Team. It's exciting and scary all at once. Most of the stuff we learned was good for even just our homes. Like turning off the gas and electricity, fire extinguisher instructions, fire safety, sheltering in place, and first aid. Other things like Triaging, setting up a treatment area, and disaster psychology will lend more to an actually disaster. But in either case, I feel this class would benefit every family. So yea, I am recommending you all go out and get trained! There should be a class in almost every major county so give your county a call.
Lov
Liv

1 comment:

.... said...

This sounds cool! I will have to look into it!