Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go away, FINALLY!


It rained 10 inches just yesterday alone! And we are about 2 FEET above our average for the year! It has rained almost the whole time since Sept 2 and then a whole 10 more inches yesterday! I am not kidding. Many people were flooded out of their homes. We, however, were lucky. We live on a hill of sorts and the sump pump worked like mad for the past two days. It was still mostly cloudy today but it stopped raining at least. Then, out of the blue, a double rainbow appeared. It was beautiful! It also happened as the sun was starting to set so as I ran in to get the camera, it faded. So I wasn't able to get a good picture of it. But as the rainbow faded, the sun set came alive and I was able to get a picture of that. It felt like things were going to be OK. I can't really say that for Houston though.
Lov
Liv

No comments: