Thursday, August 28, 2008

Homemade Grape Jelly


It's my first time and it's a simple recipe so I thought I would give it a try. I didn't realize I would unintentionally make so much of it! We are a family of 9 so there is no problem using it, thank goodness. The recipe uses grape juice, which is good because we yielded only 7 bunches a grapes this year. Which is technically really good for 2nd year grapes. This Site gave me great directions and they're the ones that I went by, mostly. The mostly part has me praying that it will set. Literally praying! It says it could take up to a week on the package of pectin, so that is good to know. As of now my fingers are crossed.

2 comments:

Jennspeeps said...

Awww... you made grape jam for my birthday? :) Congrats & nicely done! This is my 2nd year canning and I've been doing it like it's going out of style. Your blog inspires me to push my own suburban envelope. Now, if I could only find time to plant my fall crops!

comerrick said...

Awwww Thanks!
Lov
Liv