Monday, August 18, 2008

Fall Garden Seeds Finally planted.

What a slacker I am! Tee Hee. I finally got those fall seeds planted. I finally looked at the calender and compared it with how many days are left until the first frost in my area then added the total days until harvest. Basically, for my area, the first frost will be about the 25th of October. The days until harvest for the lettuce and spinach I bought are between 45-56 days so that means.....Start it now!!!
I don't know why I put it off for so long. I mean it took an hour tops, no big deal. I'll most likely be moving them out in about 2-3 weeks. I've had crap start to take over in my front gardens since I last weeded. (frustrated) So after the next big rain which is eminent, I will be pulling those like crazy to make room for all of these plants. Then hopefully that will leave less room for all the weeds.

You see, my front garden, in the most part, is new this year. All of them are 1-2 year shrubs and perennials, which are minute comparatively so the weeds feel the free reign. In a couple of years, I will stop having this problem. In fact the weeds were completely encompassing last years, so I have actually made great strides in just one year.

So have you planted your fall garden yet?
Lov
Liv

Edited to add that I tried to upload a picture but that feature seems to be down. I will add it later.

No comments: