Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Peppers, Watermelon, and Chicks.




The pepper are looking awesome. I don't think I have enough to feed my whole family for the year and I can't even imagine how much I would have to plant to do that. I guess we will see.

The netting on the watermelon is a sling to help hold it up that way it won't snap off from it's own weight.

The chicks will be a week old tomorrow and the wing feathers are growing in well. I have not lost a single one and I am very happy with this shipment. I have heard so many stories of losing one or all during their winter/spring shipments. I think I will stick to summer shipments from here out if I can help it.

However my grapes have the black little aphid looking things. I sprayed with insecticidal soap but I don't think it made enough of a dent on them. I will have to see if I can make my own because this 3-4 dollars a spray bottle is not going to cut it.
Lov
Liv

No comments: